DO I NEED QUARANTINE AFTER I REACH CHENNAI ?
- On arrival at the airport, health screening will take place.if any symptomatic is found you need to undrego a mandatory COVID test and fellow all requisite health protocols before you can proceed any further with your journey
- if the results are negative and you can take journey home-ward and stay in quarantine 14 days.
- if your results is postive you will be escorted to a COVID care centre or hospital for treatment based on whether you are symptomatic or asymptomatic
- Domestic passengers are no longer required to carry a negative RT-PCR test report before before arriving in chennai by flight
- 14 days home quarantine is mandatory for domestic passengers.symptomatic passenger have to stay in institutinal quarantine till test report are confirmed negative,and then complete the remainder of the 14-days period.
- However, passengers arriving on Air Bubble and Charter flights must carry a negative RT-PCR test report issued within 96 hr of the departure. A 14-day mandatory home qurantine rule is in place, no paid institutional quarantine stay is required.
COVID testing at chennai airport
For all those international passengers who aren’t carrying a negative RT-PCRreport,the good news in that the chennai airport has set up a testing facility within its premises with plans of increasing the number of centers soon.this will also facilitate your departure in case you have a connecting flight to some other city in the country
Quarantine rules for domestic passengers
Interstate travelers arriving in chennai also need to undergo mandatory home quartine for fourteen days after landing the state borded by road or rail.only government officials and staff members are exempted from this obligatory quarantine.as it is for international travelers,symptomatic domestic passengers will need to undergo a COVID test, and based on the results they may stay in home quarantine,hospital isolation,or COVID care centres
WHAT'S OPEN AND CLOSED IN CHENNAI
Chennai is only partly open to tourists as of now.from december 12,marina and other beaches will be open to visitors,with an appropriate SOP in place
For individuals arriving from other states,only those found symptomatic will be tested for COVID
All individuals travelling to TN will need to register on the state website and obtain an E-pass through-http://tnepass.tnega.org/
International Airport is now returning to international operations after a break of four months since the lockdown in India. Flights from Chennai will be taking off for locations in the
- Abu Dhabi
Dubai. There is, however, one difference between pre-COVID days of flying – it will not be a daily service due to the ongoing pandemic.
International flights to select cities started in June 2020. The Government of India has suspended international flights till 31 December 2020
- Turkish airlines
- qatar airways
- British airways
- Air arabia
- Go air
- Thai airways
- Indio airlines
- Air asia
- Air india
DOMESTIC RUNNING FLIGHTS FROM CHENNAI
- LB 696 | Air costa( BLR Chennai to Bangalore )
- LB 651 | Air costa (HYDChennai to Hyderabad)
- S24651 | Jetlite ( CCUChennai to Kolkata)
- AI9557 | Air india (TRZChennai to Tiruchirappally)
- 6E381 | Indigo (COKChennai to Cochin)
- 6E487 | Indigo (DELChennai to New Delhi)
- G8 451 | Go Air ( PNQChennai to Pune)
- SG501 | Spice jet (Chennai to Coimbatore
- 6E 432 | Indigo (Chennai to Mumbai)
- 6E381 Indigo( CJBChennai to Coimbatore)
In total there are 37 airlines flying from and to Chennai. Most flights are operated by one of the following carriers: